12/11/09

12/11 - Elliptical

60 minutes on the elliptical today. My shin is at 100% after the small amount of running I did yesterday. I'll head out tomorrow morning with the group for an easy 5-6 miles to see how it goes.

The elliptical was fine - 60 minutes burned around 900 calories for me; or at least that is what the machine said!

While on the elliptical, I was watching one of my guilty pleasure shows - Rachel Ray. I really like Rachel - and today, I found out that she is starting to run everyday - at least 3.5 miles and will start to increase her miles. Yep, I'm sold - I'm signing up for the Rachel Ray fan club.

One of the segments today talked about these woman who started a lunchtime running group in Chicago. They meet 3-4 times a week and run over lunch anywhere from 3 to 7 miles.

I've long been an advocate of the lunch time run, many reasons where the same as the woman in the group. It rejuvenates the mind and body and it is a great break in day. Also, it is "soul warming" to be able to run with people over lunch. I rarely "not" smile and laugh with my lunchtime running buds, and truly enjoy the company of my running friends.

I can't wait to get out more often with my running lunch buddies as I start my road back to everyday running!

No comments:

Post a Comment