12/28/09

12/28 - Run inside!

After some periodic running , I'm back at it. To summarize where I have been the last couple of weeks, let's just say I was running in T-Shirt and shorts outside, and had the opportunity to run by Cinderella's castle!

Last week, we were up in Minnesota celebrating Christmas with my in-laws. I was able to get in a couple of decent outside runs, including a solid run on the trails and a 10 mile run. It all felt good and I'm now getting focused for a hopefully decent race at Psycho in KC on Feb 13.

With the hills of Psycho, I'm stepping up my hill training. Because we got back late last night, I didn't have time to prepare to run outside today, so I was inside on the treadmill. I did the following workout which lasted about 46 minutes with a few minutes of walking after the cool down - All at about a 8 min pace.

5 minutes warm-up (slightly slower than 8 min pace)

incline at 5,6, and 7 (slightly faster) minute each;3 min recovery (slightly slower); incline at 6,7, and 8; 3 min recovery; incline at 7,8, and 9; 3 min recovery; incline at 8, 9, and 10; 3 min recovery, incline at 9,8, and 7; 3 min recovery; incline at 8,7, and 6; 3 min recovery; incline at 7,6, and 5

5 minute cool down + walking.

A solid Monday run.

No comments:

Post a Comment