1/21/10

1/21 -

It has been a fun week of running since I last posted!!

I am really starting to get back into running and I can tell - I have a really good attitude which I'm sure makes my wife and boys happy (not having a grumpy dad!).

Look at the smile on my face in the picture below!



This is just one of a series of pictures. I was sending my wife a picture about every 5 minutes showing her that I was on my way to knock on her window. It had been a few months since I had the privilege to do this due to my time off from the stress fracture.

My wife works at Drake which is only about 2 miles from my work. For the easy 30-40 minute runs, I'll head to Drake, knock on her window, waive, and head back making a big loop. It makes me smile, and makes her smile as well. Sometimes, she'll have a student meeting with her, and they'll ask who/what was that. She simply replies - just my crazy runner husband. One time, she had another co-worker in there, and I knocked, waived, and ran off. After about 5 minutes, her co-worker asked - "Is your husband waiting for me to leave before he comes in?" My wife's simple reply was - "Um no, he just knocks on my window and keeps running....he's kind of strange."

Anyway - have fun with your running!

Here was my week of fun since the last posting:
1/15 - 4.5 miles - easy run - window knocking
1/16 - 7.25 miles - easy group run with major hills
1/17 - Off - Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video
1/18 - 5 miles - easy - treadmill hills
1/19 - Speed work - 6 X 3 min on, 3 min off @ 6:40 pace - 7 miles
1/20 - 6.5 miles easy
1/21 - Progression - 45 min - 15 min each of Easy (8:00), Race (7:13), Threshold (6:40) with 5 min warm-up and 10 minute cool down. - 7.75 miles
YTD miles - 95.45

No comments:

Post a Comment