1/5/10

Happy New Year! 1/5 workout

On the treadmill due to the cold weather. I think the high today is like 8 degrees. I think instead of keeping track of temps, the weather people should put together an alternative gauge for runners. For example, it would be nice to know how long before a finger will have frostbite if wearing running mittens. Or, if wanting to go an easy run, how many pairs of socks you need for 5 miles.

Anyway, I needed to stay inside because of my very first speed work of the year!!

My workout today was 10 minute warm-up, 6 X 2 minute fartleks at a 6:40 pace with 3 minute recovery, then a 10 min active cool down and then a 5 minute slow cool down/walk.

I missed a couple of days, but I'll do my best to keep track of mileage this year. So far....

1/2 - 5.5 miles
1/3 - 5 miles
1/4 - 60 min of elliptical (cross train + GS/Core)
1/5 - 7.2 miles with speed work

Total running miles - 17.7 miles YTD

With the new year, I have also started to pencil out some longer runs. I'm going to try and do some shorter trail runs this year as well. As for the "big" races - here is what I have
Feb 13 - PsychoWyco Run Toto Run - 20 mile warm-up race
May 8 - Ice Age
July 3 - Afton Trail Run
Second of the year TBD....

No comments:

Post a Comment