9/17/09

9/17 - One hour of spinning - eating

I always think spinning sounds funny. Like I sit on one of the kids toys, I think they are called "Sit-N-Spins".



So no, I didn't sit on a sit-n-spin for an hour. I cycled hard for one hour. I actually attended class. It was not easy, a good challenging instructor, and lots of time in zones 3 and 4 made for solid workout.



I've started to pay more attention to what I eat. Missing out on 60-80 miles of running a week due to shin injury means no more milkshakes and pop tarts as a bedtime treat to maintain calories.



Also - I have been reading more and more lately about foods that not only healthy but also good or "green" for the environment.



I picked up a book by Mark Bittman titled "Food Matters". I am not sure if I agree with Mr. Bittman a 100%, but he at least makes me think about what I eat and the "cost" of that food - not just the price I pay, but what impacts the food I could eat cost the environment around me.



Anyway - My MRI for the shin is tomorrow, not sure when I'll hear from Dr. Chad and crew regarding results, but my shin is feeling fine. I would normally be running, but I'll wait until results come back. Swimming against Shaq, cycling, and lifting seem to be distracting me enough at this point not to run.



I may start talking more about my nutrition since I'm not running. There is only so much I can think about while spinning in a room for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment