9/30/09

9/30 - 30 min Swim/35 minutes elliptical

Solid workout today - 30 minutes in the pool followed by 35 minutes on the elliptical followed by a 10 minute ab workout.
I decided to break up my pool lap swimming today. I like to swim, but going back and forth gets boring pretty quickly. I tried to keep my focus by doing smaller intervals instead of one big swim. I ended up with doing 3 X 400 - all under 7:30. I never said I was fast, but for a non-racing swim time, I'll take this. I finished up with 4 X 50s on the minute (the swimming takes me about 45 seconds, then a fifteen second recovery), and then did a 200 cool down. Total = 1600 meeter in under a 30 minutes.
The elliptical is the elliptical. I did a cross training workout for 30 minutes with a 5 minute cool down. Total calories burned about 525 calories.
I did the elliptical workout at Drake after my swim. I feel a bit out of place - since it is a college campus in the aerobics room, there are not many, if any college men - just women. I think most of the guys are too busy bulking up versus getting a balanced aerobic and strength training program. So today, it was me and about 10 college women. I'm sure the college women working out look at me and think "What is that old creepy guy doing here working out?"
Oh well!

Anyway, last night we had a great mac and bacon recipe found here: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1918488

Melissa, once again, did the cooking. It turned out yummy. We substituted regular penne past with whole wheat pasta - which is what we usually always do at our house anyway. We served it with green beans.




Here is a picture of the plate - however - this is the magazine picture - I forgot to take a pic of my actual plate.

I would also like to report that it took almost all of my will power, but I did not "snack" excessively last night. After 8 pm, no eating for me. After viewing a couple of tips about emotional eating, I decided if I wanted to see if I could make it through my craving time between 8-10 pm. The above meal filled me up and I was not hungry. I had used most of calories for the day so I knew that I shouldn't be too hungry going into the evening. I'm sure there will be times that I will need to eat in the evening depending on my calorie count for the day, but yesterday was not one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment